Thursday, June 02, 2005

Like A Dog Chasing Its Arsehole...

Ok, I get the concept of the turnstile door. It keeps drafts from blowing in and it's just plain exciting for simple-minded folk to walk through a 360 degree door.

I also get the idea of the automated door. Ya push the button, the door slowly opens. I get it. It’s for those carrying heavy loads or the handicapped, right? Cool.

So what is it with these retarded automatic-turnstile doors?

They’re too small and circular for wheelchairs. And no one trying to move a big old "frojsta" from Ikea would even dare attempt that kind of manouvre.

So who’s it for? Now I guess the rest of us must slowly wait for this automated piece of shit to let us out when we could normally just push ourselves through in half the time. It can’t be cheaper than an ordinary turnstile door, let alone a good old-fashioned normal door (whatever happened to those by the way? A flat chunk of wood with a knob on the right - my kind of simplicity), so what’s the deal?

One can hear the ridiculous door salesman making his pitch:

“Just think of the advantage of thousands of customers entering your building in a semi-circle pattern because they no longer need to touch the door at all!”

Wow, is there that many anal-retentive germaphobes really out there? Yep, there really is, my friend. In fact, now that I’ve finished typing this out on my keyboard, I must retreat to the bathroom and wash my hands 4 times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saucy Monk said...

amy,

good question.

hmmm.....um....uh.....hmmm....well...uh...

got me.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Nobody said...

Yeah well....I've seen people lose body parts thanks to those things. Some even lost their heads trying to get in.It's not pretty, and not worth risking your life over...

Demand that they build regular doors from now on.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home