Monday, February 14, 2005

Now Put This On A Greeting Card

Ok, so it's that time of year, Valentine's Day, when all the lovers in the world obscenely celebrate their loving relationships. For those without partners, it can be a difficult time...ya know, if you buy into the consumeristic horseshit that you MUST have a boy/girlfriend, and you MUST buy them candy/flowers/jewelry today, and you MUST take them to dinner...

Now, that may sound cynical and jaded, but really, I'm just being frugal. I just don't like paying 4 bucks for a lousy greeting card that can't accurately portray all the things I really want to say.

Still, I am single, and therefore warming the bench for those who may be down about their status this holiday, and therefore I feel I have some responsibility to boost my team's morale with this short reminder, courtesy of the eloquent and perceptive Rich Hall:

When someone says, "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all", keep in mind you are talking to a loser. Try to find someone who's never loved at all and get their side of the story.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You find a lot more calloused palms around Valentine's Day.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

It's just a hollow holiday, really. I find so much banality in it. An opinion that won't likely change when I'm taken...

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home